Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Twist and Shout

Eli had his appointment with the orthopedist today. He wouldn't let the doctor touch him, but she saw him run around the office and put weight on his leg, so she was ready to send us home. I said, "maybe you can't, but he will let me touch him." So I started pressing on parts of his leg, and he started crying. "That's not normal." I calmed him down then did the same thing to his good leg, with no reaction. I went back to the bad leg, and this time when he started crying, the doctor said, "Yes, that was clearly acute pain...."

Another round of X-rays, this time confirming that he had a non-displaced, spiral fracture in his tibia. Eli is now the proud owner of a full-leg cast. I'll report on how he handles it later, but the early data doesn't look good. On the bright side, I've long argued that you can't feel good about yourself until you've broken a bone, so Eli now has that out of the way!




- Posted from my EliPhone

Location:S Van Ness Ave,San Francisco,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment