Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If I Fell

Here's Eli at Sunnyside park today:





Little did he know what was soon to happen. As we rode the slide down together, his foot got caught on the side of the slide, and he twisted his ankle. He cried for a while. When he calmed, I touched his foot and ankle, which seemed fine. But he couldn't walk or stand. He'd take a few limping steps then fall to the ground in pain. It is so sad to see a 16 month old baby limping.

We went to the dr., and she was just going to send us home since there was no pain to the touch, and he was fine when I was holding him. I think she thought I was a crazy parent. But I said, "watch him try to walk." I put him down, and bad leg barely touched the ground when he started crying. He held up the leg, and stood on one leg for a few seconds before falling over. The dr immediately agreed to get him x-rays.

The good news is no fractures. The bad news is there isn't much we can do besides keep him off his feet, which is to say, there isn't much we can do. Well, children's Motrin!

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment