Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We're goin' to the zoo, zoo, zoo

I took Eli to the zoo on Monday--technically his second trip, but the first where I thought he might be able to see something.

Despite being well rested and well read, Eli was a grouch. Fuss buster. Cry baby. Pick your term. As I was thinking I might have made a mistake by going there that day, and wondering how loud he would have to scream for the zoo to kick us out for disturbing the animals, we made our way to the African Savannah.

We walked onto a viewing deck where there were two giraffes eating. I guided Mister Fuss Busters eyes to the giraffes, and he fell totally silent. For five solid minutes, he was completely and utterly transfixed by the giraffes. He just stared, and nothing else mattered. It was amazing. One might say I was just as transfixed on him as he was on the giraffes.

Terrible picture--iPhone has its limits--but this was to neat to skip documenting.




-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment