Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Head, Fingers, Knees and


Before Eli was born, I was talking to Mark about what he liked about being a parent. One thing he said is that, through them, you get to experience everything for the first time once again. From riding a bike, to swimming in an ocean, to your first "chapter book", all things we enjoy as adults, but never with the enthusiasm that our kids have.

A couple days ago, I decided to give a good introduction between Eli's hands and his toes. I brought his towes to his hands and as he clasped them, his eyes opened as wide as saucers and he grinned, suddenly aware that the feeling in his toes were caused by his very own hand. For about five minutes, I'd bring his hands to his feet he'd grab on for a bit, then let go.

The next day, we practiced a couple more times. And the day after that, I walk up and find that he had grabbed his toes all on his own. Now, he's an old pro.




The bad part is that now he always has these toys to play with, even when he should be sleeping.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment